Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 44 of 44

Thread: The other forum

  1. #41
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The other forum

    I guess I am just lost on this, but so what if bobby and sportsnut are one and the same? I mean, after all, what would the big deal be. Many of you have multiple nicks on here. So what would be the problem with him having multiple nicks on any board. And as far as the virus/trojan/ad or whatever the 444k it is, it is just like using the right propolactic.....get a good one so it won't leak. I guess I have a good one, cause I haven't had a leak; therefore, I have no problem with the site.

  2. #42
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The other forum

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: centennialdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And as far as the virus/trojan/ad or whatever the 444k it is, it is just like using the right propolactic.....get a good one so it won't leak. I guess I have a good one, cause I haven't had a leak; therefore, I have no problem with the site.</div></div>

    Maybe it has leaked and downloaded already--keep in mind that if it's already there that it's not going to give you a warning, nor is it gonna advertise itself to McAfee or another program if it's written right. McAfee's good, but it doesn't catch everything. I know that from experience in working in a computer shop, taking spyware/adware/viruses off of computers. McAfee may have improved, but Norton's is the way to go. Most of the time when I told someone they had 100+ spyware/adware/viruses on the computer, their response would be, "well, I had McAfee on there it's supposed to catch it isn't it?"

    Not if you don't do regular updates yourself instead of relying on the auto-update mechanism (goes for any AV program), and any AV program can get bombarded by a particular trojan or virus no matter what because the people who write these trojans/viruses are ahead of the AV people most of the time. It's nowhere near as simple as you or anyone else on TOS is putting it.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  3. #43
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The other forum

    I have the norton anti virus and I update it regularly

  4. #44
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The other forum

    I normally run combinations of one virus program, one-two spyware/trojan programs, one-two adware type programs and another couple of cleaners that are ran regularly.

    Problem anymore, one program doesn't do it.

    Fixing a computer today that had antivirus, antispytware and antirootkit software on it, still infected all to pieces and 5 things have said that they cleaned it, and didn't. There was always that one piece floating back there.

    Thats why I say, only a fool says there system is foolproof.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •